Today I'm going to teach you to make this. Aren't you glad you decided to visit the blog today?
I'm currently on the east coast enjoying time with my in-laws and came up with this fabulous idea to share one of their family recipes we have every year when we come. This one is definitely not low-cal, but totally worth it, let me tell you. Okay, let me get to it:
One loaf of "Texas toast," cubed
12 oz cream cheese, cubed
21oz can of blueberry pie filling (or you can make your own!)
2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
Cinnamon to your liking
Now here's what you do... It's very simple:
1. Fill a 9x13 casserole dish with a layer of your bread (use about half the loaf)
2. Distribute your cream cheese cubes on top.
3. Layer blueberry filling on top.
4. Add another layer of the remaining bread cubes on top.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and syrup.
6. Pour mixture over the casserole dish. Let soak at least one hour, but ideally overnight.
7. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, plate it, and enjoy! (We added strawberries and powdered sugar to make it extra fancy).
I love this recipe because it easily fills our whole family (with leftovers!) and it can be made the night before a holiday, then easily popped into the oven with no extra stress or cleanup day-of... Not to mention it's absolutely delicious!